DOWN AND DIRTY!
Instructions for the Atari 5200
* Insert cartridge. Turn power ON.
* Press a number 1-5 to select one of the five one-player games. The higher the number, the greater the challenge.
* To begin, press START and move Joystick.
* RESERVES. Begin with one life in use and three in reserve. Acquire an additional life, to a maximum of six in reserve, for every 20,000 points earned.
* POWER GAUGE. Power begins to diminish when you move the Joystick after Rod Hero appears onscreen. If power runs out and a reserve life remains, you return to the top of that level.
* Game ends when you run out of lives.
VARIATIONS Game Number Starting Level 1 1 2 5 3 9 4 13 5 17 ** All following levels are random and no level number appears. In games 1-4, the word PRO appears in place of the level number after level 20.
SCORING: Shoot a critter: 50 points Each dynamite stick remaining when miner is rescued: 50 points Dynamite a wall: 75 points Rescue miner: 1000 points
Join the "Order of the H.E.R.O."
H.E.R.O. adapted by The Softworks
My H.E.R.O. score is at least 70,000. I have attached a picture of my TV screen displaying the score. I am including $1.00 per patch for shipping and handling. Please enroll me and send my emblem to:
NAME (Please print):
Please circle those systems you own: Atari 2600, 400, 800, 5200; Coleco; Commodore 64; Intellivision.
Mail your complete form, picture and check or money order (no cash please) to:
For information about new releases, call 800-633-4263 anytime on the weekend. In California, call (415) 940-6044/5.
Typed by Robert "Ferg" Ferguson
for Atari Gaming Headquarters